With the advent of online shopping, making payments online has become more of a ritual for shopaholics. Today you can find several payment options on any respective ecommerce portal for the convenience of shoppers around the world. PayPal is one of the most popular online payment options that we have today and it definitely offers a sharp edge to your online business. Despite of not being one of the most sought after payment methods, PayPal still is in a league of its own with its demand growing continuously.
PayPal Integration And Perks
From my experience in web development I can assure you that integrating PayPal into shopping carts for offered services is not a big deal and after the integration, payment through credit cards becomes much easier. Another benefit is that after you have PayPal integrated, additional charges such as shipping fees and taxes get automatically added to client’s order cost. In addition to that the records of the payment transactions are saved by the software automatically.
- PayPal integration is easier for webmasters who have premier or business account, as all they have to do is visit the PayPal website and Login to get started. In case of premier account, the account is created under the name of a single person, who is able to manage the account. In case of a business account, the account is created under the name of a business firm and is accessed by more than one person.
- Now, let’s get started with opening a business account on PayPal. Click on ‘Business’Tab on the homepage and you will be directed to a business page where you can open a business account. After clicking on the ‘Create Account’ tab user will have to make a choice between business and premier account after which the user can integrate it on his website.
- User can login to his account using his Email ID and Password. Next, the user can get to the ‘Profile summary’ page by click on ‘profile’ tab and create new tabs for services and products using the drop down menus present.
Procedure Of PayPal Integration
- Visitor selects the item on a website
- Visitor fills-in the order info and moves on to the order page
- User finalizes the order for multiple items and confirms the final amount that has to be paid
- After selecting the payment option, Visitor gets directed to the PayPal site
- PayPal directs the user to the payment process
After mutual order confirmation between PayPal and the User, PayPal conveys the message to the visitor that the order was processed successfully.